Sign In to Your Account
Need an ASHA.org account?
Welcome to the ASHA Leadership Development Program Application Center!
The application period for the 2016 Leadership Development Program for Health Care professionals will close at 3:00pm ET, Friday, March 4, 2016. Please refer to the application tips below before getting started.
Eligibility and Application Requirements
- Current ASHA member.
- No prior service on an ASHA or Special Interest Group committee, board, council, or ad hoc committee.
- Able to commit to participate in the year-long program and complete all program requirements
- Note: This leadership development program will assist participants in designing and implementing a specific project as a means of demonstrating leadership. Because the program will provide project training, applicants are not required to have great detail or a complex description submitted as part of the application process. Instead, it is expected that applicants describe the potential outcome of the project and pursue those outcomes that are reasonable and achievable within the year of the program. Projects should meet a need, or address a problem from the local, state, or national level.
- Support of your employer
- Note: It is necessary for all applicants to have support from their employer to engage in this program. The employer support can be as simple as agreeing to allow time to participate in the webinars and team meetings throughout the year of the program, but can go beyond as well. There is no real expectation of additional indications of employer support.
Please contact Haley Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-296-5713 with questions or concerns.
Individual learning projects should focus on the workplace or a community or other volunteer organization, with the elements involving leadership activities such as working with a team or gathering the support of stakeholders. Examples include:
- Working on a project for your state association.
- Developing a support group or family training program.
- Working with a team to implement a new clinical or educational program.
- Working to advocate for reimbursement, legislation, or policy change.
If you have questions regarding this website or the application process, please send an email to email@example.com.